Sunday 13 January 2008

First outing of 2008


Today C and I went to our first movie together at our local cinema center. I think I was as excited about it as him. The thing that really amazes me with a smaller city like this is the space and lack of people. Everyone at the movie had a row to themselves, nice and quiet. Spacious and clean. You really appreciate those things having lived in a big and bustling city constantly congested with people and cars.

I felt quite an old lady, when we sat in the cinema, I thought *wow, just the same kind of seats there was in San Francisco when we were there in 99, the ones where every row is so elevated that you never risk not seeing the screen just because someone tall is sitting in front of you. As I was thinking that I realized that I actually had not been in a proper big cinema in ...6years? and maybe all cinemas look like this nowadays?

Old lady warning no 2 came in shape of a virtual heart attack when the trailers started and the volume was turned on "properly". I sat there for a couple of minutes thinking I had to tell someone that something had to be done, but noone else reacted.

We saw Alvin and the Chipmunks. A lovely little movie, I also sat there drooling over the nice decor, and by this I do mean the interior design of their home and nothing else. That was spot on for me.

No comments: