Tuesday 21 October 2008

Low Carb Pancakes (366)

Low Carb Pancakes
366 challenge: 346 Pancake

6 months ago I posted this post as my Challenge contribution to the 366 challenge.

I am so extremely proud to say that 6 months down the line, I am living my low carb life. Quite a lot has happened health wise during this period:

  • I have lost 8.9kg, which is ca 19.8lb.
  • All swelling, which has made my joints ache, is competely gone.
  • Even though I have cronic sinus problems, I have gone from taking 8 really strong pain killers a day to 0 pain killers.
  • I now sleep without help of a little pill.
  • Skin has changed a lot, I look healthy and concealer or foundation is a distant memory.
  • My migraine is gone.
Most of these things happened after just 1-2 weeks of eating low carb (well, part from the weight loss). For anyone not knowing what a Low Carb diet is, here it is summarized:
  • avoid all carbohydrates like pasta, bread, potatoes, rice, sugar. Remember that all carbohydrates are converted to sugar in your body, so fruit sugar and for example brown bread is also to avoid.
  • Eat normal amounts of organic fish, meat, poultry.
  • Eat "above-ground" vegetables, since they are less rich in carbohydrates. ie, choose broccoli over carrots etc.
  • Don't forget the fat. Eat organic full-fat products. Avoid any light products.
  • Decrease your intake of omega-6, which is inflammatory and increase your intake of omega3.
  • Try to eat as organic and unprocessed as possible.
That's about it. :)

How on earth have you cut out carbs??? is the question I get from friends and family. But think again, I don't only cut out carbs, I cut out carbs and add full fat products, so for breakfast I have coffee and cream, for dinner I eat a nice sirloin steak with cream sauce, or a lovely salmon with sallad. The cravings are completely gone and I am feeling great!

So I am happily celebrating my first 6 months of a healthier life with sharing with you a pancake recipe that I just made for lunch, low carb pancakes. To do these pancakes you need:

5 eggs
4dl double creme
2 dl grounded almonds
pinch of salt
organic butter for the pan.

Mix all the ingredients together and make your pancakes with organic butter. Serve with fresh raspberries and whipped cream.

5 comments:

Cissi said...

åh vad duktig du är och vad kul för dig!! jag åt (äter) ju enligt GI och gick ner 10 kg. Nu äter jag lite kolhydrater men försöker undvika det så mycket jag kan. Det går så bra så! ;)

Cissi said...

hihi tack för att du följer min blogg. såg så kul ut!

Monica said...

Wow!
Det känns så svårt med brödet... häftigt med pannkakor av mandelmjöl dock!

MÅSTE gör nåt, vet bara inte riktigt vad. Har gått upp sedan jag kom till swe. Måste ner först 10 kg... Testade "riktigt" 0-carb ca en dryg vecka, men utan resultat, och blev besviken (väldigt otåligt, jag vet, jag gick ju ner när jag testade GI....så jag borde väl göra det igen... suck)

UNDERBART att höra att du mår bättre på så många andra sätt! Hoppas verkligen det håller i sig! kram

Mia said...

cissi: Jag tror att all kolhydratsreducering är bra, varesig den är liten eller stor. Grattis till 10kg ner!

Fniss, ja, jag måste ju också testa detta nu! Ska bara fixa en bild också. Jag tror jag får vara en blomma eller något tills jag lyckas ta ett kort jag e nöjd med.. ;)

Monica: Tack! Jag känner som jag har fått livet tillbaka, så här bra har jag inte mått sen jag var 20...

Jag tappade typ 2kg med en gång i vätska, men jag har förstått att om man har hållit på med fettsnål viktminskning, typ Viktväktarna innan, så kan det ta ett tag innan kroppen fattar att "man inte svälter sig" och ställer om sig på fettförbränning.

Om du orkar prova igen, testa med riktigt feta produkter. Jag hade stånkhuvudvärk i 8 dagar när jag började, men efter det har jag mått bra.

Tack för att du tittar förbi. :)

Deb Campbell said...

Nice shot. they look yummy. Thanks for the recipe.