Saturday 22 December 2007

Dan fore dan fore dopparedan..

A Swedish say, which means the day before the day before Christmas Eve *which is the main day of Christmas. "Dopparedan", the "dipping day" comes from older traditions when you dipped bread in the gravy from the cooked Christmas ham *the Swedish eat ham instead of Turkey for Christmas*

So..on the day before the day before Christmas Eve, I've been all around the town, in and out of stores and

*I found my herring at Harvey Nichols *actually we more or less cleared their shelf*
*Have bought all Christmas food, both Christmas ham for Christmas Eve and turkey for Christmas day.
*I have cooked dinner for my family, who has arrived.
*AND I am hardly even tired and this is only after 1 tablet of antibiotics (GP thought I might have some since blood tests showed an infection and this must have been why I've been so terribly tired and down the past 3 months..

Biggest news of all, C has lost his first tooth! He was adamant to stay up all night to meet the tooth fairy and when I checked on him 5 minutes after bedtime he was excitedly staring at the ceiling to try to stay awake, but a further 5 minutes later he was fast asleep.

Will post pictures tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas!

God Jul!

1st Lady said...

I think she must be! Not heard a peep in days. Must be too much whisky egg nog? ;)

Mia said...

Thank you Lisa!!

I hope you had a lovely Christmas as well and I wish you a wonder New Year.

thank you again for your comment.

Mia said...

haha, actually I was a just a "little bit" irritated on some of my guests and I felt guilty about secretly going online and spilling my beans, so I stayed away.. ;)